lunes, 3 de abril de 2023

FIRST IMPRESSIONS FROM ZACH

 First Impressions of IES Itaca. How I feel about my time here after 4 months 


My first impression of IES Itaca was that everyone was very welcoming, kind, and full of energy. I was impressed by Itaca in many ways. I was impressed with how they integrated technology into the curriculum. I imagine this transition from textbooks to ebooks and e-learning has been difficult for other schools, especially if they were influenced to make a change due to the pandemic. But IES Itaca seems well integrated already and the students already have a comfortability with the system. The students and the teachers communicate and exchange homework via google classroom and the students already understand how to find and use resources online to complete tasks and find information. I believe this curriculum will greatly benefit the students as education moves more digital in the coming years.


The students are generally very nice and respectful to me. The teachers in the English program have a very high level, which is not something I experienced at my last school. The teachers and I have a great relationship at school and I always feel like my input is respected and valued. One downside to the school, in general, is its lack of adequate facilities. There are not enough classes for the number of students and for a school that relies primarily on wifi and technology to function, often the wifi is down and the computers and projectors are not working. All in all, I am very happy with my experience at IES Itaca this year.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

EUROPEAN DAY OF LANGUAGES 2022 and GYMKHANA

We started the course celebrating the European Day of Languages 2022 in the different classes of languages, French, Spanish and English. We ...